This is A.T.’s long-overdue list of rules and recommendations for writing style in the 21st century. Specifically, for publishing online. The list is open-ended, and items are listed in no specific order.
- Use one space after a period. NEVER two spaces. (Unless you are , 88 or older, or both.)
- Never use . No exceptions. Not ironically, not as a joke, not to be cute. Just don’t do it.
- It’s OK to end a sentence with a preposition. If it’s good for , it’s good for you.
- There is no contradiction between items 1 and 3.
- It’s OK to split infinitives.
- To be continued…